French and English second language tutors
Terms of employment:
Permanent, Part-time, Weekend, Day, EveningJob qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from a recognized Canadian university or equivalent issued by an International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) recognized in Canada. This diploma must have a specialization in education or a related field including adult education, education in second languages, languages, translation, communication, sociology, and literature.
- Teaching experience (at least 600 hours) during the last three years.
- Excellent command of the language of instruction (French or English) and a functional level of the second official language, both orally and written.
Job qualifications (continued):
- Experience teaching adults.
- Knowledge of the Public Service Commission B and C language proficiency level tests, TEFAQ and or IELTS would be an asset.
- Ability to teach learners of different levels.
- Experience using varied pedagogical tools and activities.
- Being comfortable with and interested by technology.
- Ability to work individually with learners, providing personalized service catered to the learners’ needs.
- Flexibility, respect, initiative, creativity, adaptability, problem-solving skills.